Re: Re: Kalikos and the Icebreaker Quest

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:57:38 GMT

In message <20070131200026.4614.qmail_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>Quite possibly not, certainly not by that name, but
>all we were told was "horse nomad", and Redaylde fits
>that nicely. I'm quite sure Pent has (or had) a
>goddess that more or less sort of fits a few aspects
>of Vinga, even if no-one now alive would recognise
>her.

Only if the "horse nomads" concerned are theists rather than animists which most nomads seem to be.

>> Additionally, Vinga just isn't that
>> big of a goddess -
>
>oh, not that argument again! She doesn't need to be
>"big", especially not now, to have produced one
>obscure hero-cult way in the past! Or to have produced
>anything else that might be fun in a game.

Yet how much more interesting would a female spirit warrior cult be - and one has been published. In "Sons of Kargzant" pg. 46 we have Durla The Warrior Woman. Now that seems to be a Char-Un specific cult because it has Moon Spirits but I see no difficulty with having a similar Pentan cult.

There's also a mention of Kalikos Icebane in SoK. The Char-Un regard him as one of their heros and have managed to heroquest for plenty of practice spirits in spite of him being a theist deity

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/