Re: Some Parameters for HeroQuesting

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:20:37 -0800

Jane

>The whole Orlanth being Dead thing, complete
>with major climate change, got missed from every
>account of the period in KoS, and no rationalisation
>was given in the HW sourcebook, so that is a painful
>topic.

If you want rationalization: Argrath wasn't there, so it wasn't worth the mention of his chroniclers.

*And I'm amazed Jeff missed this one: "Bittery cold winter in Dragon Pass." THAT'S not newsworthy! (Every winter in our Taming of Dragon Pass game was "bitterly cold.")

But more importantly, this illustrates the freedom you have with YGWV. You can fit in MAJOR events that aren't mentioned in the "official" sources, and it's just fine! The official sources aren't intended to be exhaustive. They're more like a collection of highlights.

--

David Dunham