Re: Some Parameters for HeroQuesting

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 23:53:31 GMT

In message <005401c74895$e7e574d0$6406a8c0_at_Camelot> "Roderick Robertson" writes:

>Battle of Iceland - rereading OiD, I've come to the conclusion that the
>battle *would* get into to "Mythic record" of the Hero Plane, because the
>Goddess Voria really and truely manifests on the Mortal plane.
>
>Whatever the "threshold" may be for an action to become part of the Hero
>Plane, a God manifesting on Earth is on the far side of it.

Which means we should really know what was happening to bring Voria into the mortal world. This is presumably what Kallyr was involved in because the battle isn't significant enough by itself.

Unfortunatly there is so little to go on it doesn't even spark much in the way of ideas. The best I can come up with is something on the lines of "Awake Voria after her winter's sleep". Probably a quest routinely done on Flower Day but requiring special effort and magic because Orlanth is Dead.

And yes, I think the battle is part of the whole thing. The fighting on the mortal plane is reflected in a conflict on the Hero Plane. So all the PCs are doing is providing community support to one station. This does imply there is a major Lunar magical effort involved even if they have been accidently drawn into Kallyr's HQ.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/