Re: Aftermath of Battle of Iceland

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:14:32 +0000 (GMT)

> On page 64 of Orlanth is Dead it talks about the
> result for Virtuous clans,
> unvirtuous clans and Clans that converted to the
> Lunar way.

And I don't have time to go and look up that ATM to find out what it said (go on, be daring, quote it!) but...

Remember that KoS covers the period from 1621 to 1625, as well: so do many other publications pre-OiD. And it didn't mention the Battle of Iceland. (Nor did it notice the Fimbulwinter). As I think Donald said (though I can't now find the post?), the OiD stuff is written from the biased viewpoint of someone who thought it was vastly more important than, on a grand scale, it probably was. If Sartar had been virtually depopulated during that period, it would have been mentioned. What we actually get is various small uprisings cumulating in the Dragonrise in 1625.