Re: Re: Battle of Iceland

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:08:20 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the middle of playing this out. My players
> are in the middle
> of the winter. I realised that in my game there
> isn't a die-off as
> it's a magical winter. The people and animals are
> going to sleep as
> has Ernalda. The players don't realise this of
> course as I'm
> describing them as having frozen to death. Everyone
> who "dies" is
> quickly covered by the ice including the animals.

What an excellent idea! Helps integrate the new OiD coolness (in both senses of the word!) with the previously existing Gloranthan history in a way that enhances the whole magical/mythical feel of the entire episode. I have no idea whether this was the original intention of the authors (insert standard whinge here that I SHOULD have some idea, because integrating into existing history should have been explicit in the first place), but that's great, and I'm borrowing it for my Glorantha(s).

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk