Re: Re: Battle of Iceland

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:11:35 +0000

On 12 Mar 2007, at 14:06, donald_at_... wrote:

> I reckon there must be some powerful HQing being done
> by Barntar, Orlanthcarl and Esrola followers to avert
> the otherwise inevitable depopulation.

The stage is set in Barbarian Adventures where the group are set-up with a group of women to "look after" (These women need help). The most experienced woman in the group is a Kev the Visionary / Ty kora Tek who "sees" this coming. There's a ritual and the food disappears. All the Ernaldan (Asrelia /ty kora tek) women across the "world" are doing this to save their people. Supplies are going into the otherworld. At the time of the winter, most of the supplies are already gone, grain pits swallowed by Asrelia, hay lofts emptied, hams sacrificed to the Goddess. The people don't notice they are too busy trying not to "die". A lot of clans are doing this that are not in the winter area. Their food stocks will be low, but they can farm and have only sacrificed their reserves (just think of the bonuses they'll get for doing that). I've set up a relationship in the game with the players and Asrelia /(Ty kora tek). The group will of course be questing into the earth to get Asrelia's gifts back out to save the starving populations. They've already done a practice quest (but haven't realised this yet).

So the women store the food then Ernalda sleeps then later save the people, all the men do is fight to bring Orlanth back.

If you haven't run These women need help, it's one of the best HQ adventures I've ever run. Nothing like players buying skills like flirting to impress the "girls":-)

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433