Re: Vingans

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:30:10 -0000

Jane Williams wrote:

> I'm thinking in particular of the "lawspeaker" one: in my game, the
> clan lawspeaker is female. A very pacifist female. I really don't
> see her as a Vingan. Do I have something to worry about, or not?

She could be a: Lhankor Mhy b: Vinga and Andrin or c: Ernalda and Orventili the Peacemaker.

Option c: is not listed in the lawspeaker keyword (lawspeakers are now an advanced occupation - you are assumed to have some experience and wisdom to bring to your position - and can have had any previous role). However you could either assume that this one is (I suspect that the issue here is justice comes from Orlanth) or appoint her to the ring in her Ernaldan aspect (and either have an Andrin lawspeaker or no clan lawspeaker and assume the clan makes do with their Orventili on the ring).

And now I'm definitely taking a break from the heated arguments here :)