Re: Re: Enchanting?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:08:23 GMT

In message <Pine.GSO.4.63.0703211357580.29181_at_...> Michael Hitchens writes:

>Errr - am I missing something? I thought the enchanting was to
>make them usable. Usable in the sense of (for all except iron)
>as good as bronze. So not a lot of need to enchant bronze.
>Actually I wonder why you'd need to at all. And enchant iron
>is to sounteract the magic blocking properties. Magic bronze
>swords made a different way, so not much call for enchant bronze,
>so no problem if it's obscure knowlegde.

If the enchantment is only to make weapons out of less than ideal materials then you probably don't need it at all. But I don't think it is just that. If you want a bronze plough with a magical bonus to use then you need it enchanting. Now we could assume that this can only be done with swords but I don't think so. For a start a Vingan couldn't have a enchanted spear.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/