RE: Re: Vinga's Trousers

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:28:12 -0000

On Wednesday, February 14, 2001 5:41 PM, TTrotsky_at_... [SMTP:TTrotsky_at_...] wrote:
> Gareth Martin:
>
> << Is it your suggestion that women in trousers are not feminine?>>
>
> Not quite. I'm suggesting that a woman in a skirt is clearly feminine. A
> woman who dresses like a man appears less so. To Heortlings, of course, not
> in the 21C ;-)

I feel that, as one of Vinga's roles is encouraging women to fight for themselves, it's not unreasonable that her worshippers might choose to emphasise the fact that they're women.

On the subject of her limited role as a "mere defender"... If she can access all the Orlanthi subcults, then her worshippers can do all the things the other Orlanthi get to do. Presumably, the Vinga keyword listed in the main HW book is simply a single subcult of Vinga, in the same way as the version of Orlanth Adventurous in HW is just one of many subcults. This means that Vingans can fulfil just as many roles as Orlanthi - from hunter to warrior to farmer to king. Or so the comments from those more in the know than me about Storm Tribe seem to indicate...

Regards,

Bruce