Re: Argrath of Pavis - nul points

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:26:09 -0500

> But if the Magical Contest is one that lasts several days, months,
> years,
> then the spell is not of an extended duration it is just a long
> duration
> contest, like Kallai' s courting of Niquena. I agree with Peter's
> point about
> the implications for the Puppeteer Troupe, but from a rules/magic use
> POV I
> would go with Charles. Argrath of Pavis seems to use his secret
> knowledge
> gained by singing to, if nothing else, gain an edge in a later
> contest. I
> would sugges that the notional narrator of that scene made up the
> result
> because of the complete success or narrator decides result of a
> singing vs.
> resist singing contest.
>
> Keith N

I would prefer to think of it as 'you've learned a very nasty secret about someone' and work about it accordingly. Perhaps a nice bonus when you can bring it into play? Blackmail or knowing the password to someone's wards.

These are not things that have a 'duration' other than that a breaking scandal can render blackmail uselss and people may change their passwords....

Jeff