Re: Conflicts, contests and heroquests

From: newsalor <newsalor_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:46:07 -0000

> Looking at the only heroquest I've written out fully
> myself (to be published in Lords of the West 2), just
> about all the contests are of this sort. It's a
> matter of considering what the quest is actually
> testing. Is it your ability to kick arse? Or your
> ability to do the right thing? Or both (as is more
> common)?

Cool. This is exactly what I was thinking and I'm now eagerly awaiting Lords of the West.

Fighting with your virtues also implies that the saint (or whoever) is victorius, because he is virtuous, not because he is strong, which is nice. Then again, I guess that some myths work best on a more "superficial" level.

BTW, finding the virtues seems like a cool way to design HQs. We too at the Kalikos society have thought up some ways of our own to do so.

Olli Kantola

--
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to
kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.