Re: Vingans

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:21:46 EST

Jane:

<< So the keywords Graham says are closed to women, are open as long as the woman follows Vinga?>>

      Yup.

<< I'm thinking in particular of the "lawspeaker" one: in my game, the clan lawspeaker is female. A very pacifist female. I really don't see her as a Vingan. Do I have something to worry about, or not?>>

      That we won't know until we know exactly how the Vingan keyword works in HW. However, we know from TR that most male lawspeakers have combat magic and unusually high combat skills, because the default lawspeaker cult is actually a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous. However, a significant minority worship Lhankor Mhy, a cult that is, of course, open to both men and women and which has no particular combat magics. So if your lawspeaker is a devotee of LM, no problem. Another minority (probably even smaller, IMO) follow Andrin as a subcult of Orlanth Allfather or Orlanth Thunderous, which implies less of the combat stuff, but certainly not pacifism. If your lawspeaker is meant to be an Andrin (aka Orlanth Lawspeaker) devotee, then there might be a problem, but we won't know for sure until we see ST.

 << > Strangely enough the 'herder' keyword is also denied to women. Uraldan
> Herders seems obvious to me

 And to me. What am I missing here? >>

     According to TR, most Uraldans are herder's wives, and would therefore have the Steadwife occupational keyword.

Trotsky