Re: Re: "Window-dressing" around HP spend

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:02:50 +0100 (BST)

> Jane
>
> >When someone spends a HP to change a result, how do
> >you narrate it?
>
> I don't. I ask them to.

You seem to be making a distinction here that I don't see the point of, narrowing down "you" to the singular and then seeing player narration as something different? What's the importance of who does the narration?

> They might end up describing a desperate
> flurry of blows, a burst of speed, a fancy phrase.
> (As a guideline, I
> suggest drawing on an ability that could augment the
> action, even if
> it wasn't actually used for whatever reason.)

But those are all things that the PC does, rather than ways in which the world/plot changes to suit them?

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/