Re: Durbandath

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:44:44 +0000

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:28:03 +1300, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

>>I was assured she couldn't leave the hero plane except by agreeing to
>>be one of our 'party'.
>
>That doesn't require a person to give up an association to her god.

You're not putting the pieces together. We could leave her there, or bring her back. If we bring her back, we could let her go or she could stay in the clan. Let her go, and we risk her bringing Lunar attention to us (we're playing before the invasion, but on the border). We don't do thralls, so to have her in the clan she has to join willingly. I had considered that to stay in the clan she would not be able or allowed to continue actively worshipping a Solar deity (and I still find it a bit generous for Orlanthi society). She decided to take the last option. She may later decide to desert us of course. Conversion to Yinkini worship seemed suitable for a Lion worshipper captured by a Yinkini. She agreed to giving up her god so we would agree to bring her back.

>convert? Would you convert if you were captured by Lunars on the
>heroplane?

Depends. Should she have agreed to convert or be a thrall for ever in the Greater Darkness, amongst the Orlanthi who live there/then? That was her decision.

>And to the Heortlings,
>Durbaddath is a lion god.

What does that mean? They don't consider him a Solar god?

>>And,of course, we have committed ourselves to fighting off her cult
>>agents of reprisal...
>
>Given the difficulty of fighting off Orlanthi agents of reprisal
>for a foreign priest (-10), if I were her, I would be rather
>skeptical of the efficacy of those commitments.

She was. So are we. Makes a good plot.

Wulf