The World of Glorantha group and the Heroquest-RPG group

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:18:32 -0000

Jane Williams wrote:
> > I have been informed by Greg Stafford that this was
> > never said of you on that list.
>
> And you imagine he would know? It was said. Someone
> else then pointed out that this was offensive: the
> moderators then reprimanded *them*, not the offender.
> As I have already discussed with Rick, who appeared to
> completely understand why I won't be going back there.

Jane,

I am not one of this group's moderators. I am one of the World of Glorantha's moderators. I have looked into this situation before and, as you point out, we have discussed it via private email at some length. While I do not want to start a long public debate or discussion, I do want to provide a some additional info on what happened:

World of Glorantha Posts:

2702 - Doyle gives his opinion on Vingans and Lesbians.
2711 - Andy disagress and provides some examples.
2717 - Adept says "sounds like guy thinking".
2718 - Roderick asks Adept not to make posts like that.
2720 - Adept apologizes and agrees with Roderick.

That's it. There was no reprimand, at least not by the standard definition.

The World of Glorantha group has its share of immature, ill-mannered, heavy-handed, insensitive, overbearing, and offensive posts, but it is not a group wherein the moderators encourage them while also unfairly reprimanding the innocent and/or the offended.

Hope that helps.
Rick Meints