Re: Re: Moon Design - Printing update

From: Gary Sturgess <gazza666_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:29:06 +0800

On 13/08/07, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> It's worth your while looking at the PDFs in terms of
> price, too. Far cheaper than the hard-copy, and of
> course no postage to be added on. That can tip the
> balance between buying and not buying.

Oh, indeed - in fact the only HQ stuff I _do_ own is PDF (I have a few older HeroWars "tangibles", but I prefer PDFs to hardcopies where available). And it's nice that not all companies follow the Wizards of the Coast "Price the PDF the same as the hardcopy" mould.

> (No current game? Tried PBeM?)

There's an idea. Unfortunately, despite owning most RQ3 products, a good smattering of RQ2 stuff, HeroWars, HeroQuest, and a bunch of Tales from the Reaching Moon mags... I'm an utter novice with regard to all things Gloranthan (which is why I mostly lurk - I find the discussions on all of these groups interesting, but often dealing with minutae that I feel unqualified to comment upon); I've loved the whole setting ever since I first heard about it, but have been spectacularly unsuccessful in convincing my gaming group to do much more than the odd session. My only experience with PBeM was a bit of a flutter with a couple of Amber games a few years back, but I'm not really opposed to the idea if anyone knows of someone that doesn't mind complete Glorantha novices joining in?

> With that sort of thing, he can even get the ultimate
> compliment: he's a true Orlanthi. "Mistakes are made,
> and fixed."

Yes, well spotted. ;)

--
GAZZA