Re: Re: Vinga's Skirts

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:09:23 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Jane Williams wrote: <snip>
> > I suggest that you contact Jane as to why Vingans wear
> > overskirts and trews.
>
> I'd quite like to know myself. As far as I'm concerned, they don't. I *think*
> that was a Dave Dunham idea, though I may be wrong.

I like it. The visuals on Vingans in KoDP seemed somehow just right, for the Heortlings. Parhaps all of them don't, but I don't see why they wouldn't. The red hair and the overdress makes them very striking visually, and no doubt enforces the identification with their goddess.

        -Adept

PS. In a quite different universe my character has become a knight of Rean (the lord of night and guardian against Unlife). He is a very practical sort (and old mercenary) and feels a bit uncomfortable wearing the distinctive black-iron mail, and a large knight shield bearing a unicorn. Nevertheless it does make him remember what he is these days, and it makes ordinary people react to him in the right way.