Re: Re: Common religions and concentrating magic

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:20:37 -0400

On September 9, 2007 01:21 pm, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> Personally, I'd make Concentration focus on a single entity, rather than a
> form or magic or a pantheon - basically, it would be the "Devotee"-style
> restriction - use no magic (from another Otherworld entity) except from
> your Patron Saint/God/Great Spirit/whatever.

Except you already do that to Devote. How is this different? Also, it specifically violates one of the things that Shamans have going for them, the ability to get spirits from various places. I'm not even sure what the effect would be on the Malkioni. Limit to one School or Order, I suppose?

> This would allow much more leeway in "mixing" the magic of pantheons. So
> you worship a God and he worships a Spirit and she worships a Saint - they
> are all in the same pantheon, you're all friendly towards each other (at
> least as friendly as any family/clan/tribe is), you share rites and holy
> days with each other, You band together against "them heathen furriners",
> etc.

Why can't you do that now? Isn't that what people do now?

LC