Concentration handling

From: Posselt, Theo &#92;(US - San Francisco&#92;) <"Posselt,>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:41:49 -0500

While greg has said that he'd eliminate it, I'd keep it in, but modify it.

Basically, instead of having a simple concentrated/not concentrated flag, iI use another trait (e.g., 'Worship: pantheon', if that's the right terminology) to AUGMENT relevant magic and HINDER other magic.

Beyond that I always make augments depend on how specific the trait is. A very specific augment is worth more than a general one.

So Orlanthi A with 'Worship: Storm tribe 20' gets +2 to storm tribe magic, -2 to other magic. Orlanthi B with 'Initiate of Humakt 20' gets +4 with Humakt magic, maybe flat with other storm tribe, and -4 with non-storm tribe (and maybe more with diametrically opposed magic).

What I like about this is that it's more fluid, less of an on/off switch.

Theo

Theo Posselt
(m) 415-613-8903
(o) 415-783-6129
(f) 415-783-0397

sent from my Blackberry

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]