Re: Death of Orlanth

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:01:06 -0000

At the time I held that the Lunars had summoned Orlanth to the mundane plae in the form of a Large super cell storm cloud, multiplying the magical potency of the Orlanthi in Whitewall by a factor of 1.5. It is for this reason the players accepted that it was almost impossible for the Lunars to take the tiny outpost due to the high quality of the units that defended it.

My player characters had discovered why Whitewall was so important (they were instrumental in convincing Broyan and kallyr to attempt to hold it). Once Minaryth had discovered what the Lunars were up to and a way to counter it the city was abandoned. Because they were responsible for allowing the darkness back into the world the main Orlanthi protaganists risked all in their mighty Heroquest to defeat the Lunar driving of Orlanth from the middle air, which the Battle of Iceland was merely the start.

http://runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/Rob%27s%20campaign

A bit low brow in motif for some, it does show how you can take the broad brush ideas from many sources and weave them into a fun campaign. Special thanks to Jane Williams, Patrik Sandberg, Newt Newport, Peter Metcalfe and the Whitewall crew for encouragement, ideas and occassionally colaboration.

Regards
Rob