Re: Death of Orlanth

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:29:21 -0000

Ian Cooper:

> If you need to know how the gears work for your story, then make it
> up.
> Because then your story will tell you what the myth needs to be,
> because it will be the myth your story needs to work.

As an aside, I find this sort of thing very difficult to do. It's much easier, for me, to look at the gears, and have them tell me what the story is, than to do it the other way round. Not that I'm averse to making up the gears myself, when such is necessary, mind (and there's only so much information that can be squeezed into, say, OiD).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic