Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:20:16 -0700

Jeff wrote:

> That was my thought too. Griffin Mountain had a wonderful free-
> wheeling setting and a large supply of vignettes and what we would
> now call Story Seeds. Borderlands is my second favorite which was a
> more traditional structured secenario pack but it provided a great
> framework for setting up a campaign and exploring it in depth (and a
> heck of a lot of much-needed background information).

When I arranged, revised and published the original RQ boxed sets, each was done in a deliberate manner to present a model that I hoped other writers would follow.

Griffin Mountain: focus on Place, PCs determine action Pavis: City setting, like GM
Big Rubble: series of scenarios, no set order needed Borderlands: focus on a story line, linear succession of prepared scenarios. Troll Pak: focus on a (species) group, with elements from above but also details of their group

Whether I succeeded or not is up to the read to decide, not me. (In fact, in one manner it did not succeed in that they did not inspire others to follow the pattern and create supplements---exceptions like JK noted).

--GS