Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:49:16 GMT

In message <415498.41308.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

[publishing freeforms]

>There's a thought right there - why are only a few
>copies sold? Why not at least have them available as
>PDFs? No, it's not a straight table-top scenario pack,
>but having it available at all would be a improvement.

Simply because only a few complete packs are printed for the GMs running the game. Once the game has run some of those are sold as con fundraisers. They go for decent prices because there are so few but there aren't usually that many bidders.

The PDF option is a good one and I see Rick has already got it in hand. There's no way it would be viable as printed books - a thirty player freeform has a minimum of a hundred pages and the demand isn't going to be that great. It's a source of plots and a background for a varient of Glorantha, sometimes very varient.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/