Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 14:52:03 GMT

In message <fea7sb+s2mm_at_...> "Ian Cooper" writes:
>Hi Donald,
>
>> So to me the ideal scenario book would be something like
>> twenty plots each covering a page or two in a single setting
>> together with a dozen NPCs who appear as allies or opponents
>> in several of those plots.
>
>I'm interested as to what you think of something like Skullpoint in
>Gathering Thunder. It was written very much in this form: narrator
>characters, phases and suggested events in each phase.
>
>Thoughts?

I like Skullpoint although I've never had the opportunity to run it. I'm not against having a story arc or even the players finding that they cannot prevent disaster. However because it's the hero's story they need to have an influence on what happens and have the opportunity for some successes.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/