Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:47:09 GMT

In message <883928.74190.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>--- Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> wrote:

>> There is one great piece of advice in some actual
>> plays I have seen for
>> it. Make all the players take a relationship to a
>> narrator character in
>> character generation. That way the players are
>> hooked right in.
>
>While this seems like a great piece of advice if you
>know at chargen that that's the first scenario you're
>doing, how does it work if you dropping it into an
>existing campaign? I can see that in a few cases you
>might be able to fiddle character back-story to add a
>remote cousin they'd forgotten about, but you couldn't
>do it for everyone, surely?

With an ongoing campaign you should have a fair number of NPCs already relating to the PCs. Pick one or two of those and discover their relationship with the scenario NPCs. Don't have to be positive ones, PCs may well get involved simply to block what they think an old enemy is doing.

What's more it doesn't matter which of the many sides the PCs are linked to initially - whatever happens they'll have to make choices. Support the enemies of their old enemy or do what they think is right.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/