Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:20:54 +0100

Jane Williams wrote:
> But that wasn't the
> question. We're being advised to do this
[take a relationship to a
  narrator character in
  character generation]
> for ALL PCs,
> not just one. And not just for the one scenario: for
> all of them. Wouldn't you hit relationship overload?

Evidently not, as there are groups that play in this style.

It is the players who choose these relationships, not the Narrator. Therefore the number of people contributing effort to the process increases as amount of effort required increases, so the load on the Narrator does not increase so rapidly.

  Earlier Jane wrote:
> While this seems like a great piece of advice if you
> know at chargen that that's the first scenario you're
> doing, how does it work if you dropping it into an
> existing campaign?

If the player characters in an existing campaign have a large network of relationships with NPCs, it is likely that at least some of the NPCs are lacking in detail, so those NPCs can be suitably fleshed out to provide connections to a scenario.