Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:56:18 +0100 (BST)

> --- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, Jane Williams
>
> > Let me clarify: the way I see "scenarios" as being
> > used is that you have an existing campaign with
> > existing, fully-fleshed PCs, then a new scenario
> is
> > published, and you think "that looks like fun,
> let's
> > use it."
>
> So, you know the background of every single NPC in
> your game or
> associated with your character - in advance?

Eh? No. That's why I get so confused by Ian's suggestion that these relationships should be put in *at chargen*. Because I certainly don't know all the relationships at chargen - I barely know the main keywords, half the time. So I've got no idea how he's doing this.

Let's get the original quote back in again:

Donald:
> Well of Souls is better in that way because there's
> a fair bit of guidance in how to run it.

Ian Cooper:
> There is one great piece of advice in some actual
> plays I have seen for it. Make all the players
> take a relationship to a narrator character in
> character generation.

"Make" "all", "in character generation".

The idea of allowing players to take whatever relationships they like, whenever they like, yes, fine, as I say, I do it all the time. Nothing to discuss there, we all agree. But this is different.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/