Re: Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:30:42 -0400

On Sunday 21 October 2007 12:40 pm, Jane Williams wrote:
> I was going to suggest using Blood over Gold, but the
> Rathori sound like a better idea. Very simple, very
> isolated. BoG might make a better game, but this will
> make a better example.

It would in that there is less established canon to get in the way. BoG might be slightly easier in that there is more there to grab and work with.

But I like the idea of the Rathori. Sounds fun.

> I'd be interested in the clash between their
> expectations and what they actually find in the world
> around them (as well as the whole "sleep" business of
> course). To what extent will they end up seeing what
> they expect to see, rather than reality?

Curious. What do you mean here? I understand the idea of "we wake up, the world is supposed to be X, and now we find out it is Y" - but it almost sounds like they might still *see* X somehow.

Now, my recollection of the Rathori (away from books right now) is they are the bear people and they hibernated through the closing. So when are we waking them up? If the clash is what the world is vs what we expect, how do we want to characterize that in form of the NPCs?

LC