(unknown charset) Re: Re: heortling clan chiefs and tribal kings

From: (unknown charset) Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:14:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Jonas Schi[ISO-8859-1] ött wrote:

> Graham Robinson:
>

> >So, yes its possible, but unusual to be king and chief at once.
>
> According to TR, it's the norm. I lent my copy (one of the few in
> Sweden...) to a friend, so I can't quote the exact page at you, but
> there's no doubt about it.

The Thunder Rebels comment (which I had forgot, I'll admit) is less than clear. It says something like "many kings remain chieftain". What's an Orlanthi "many"? 50%?

I'm still of the opinion that this isn't really workable. Perhaps they remain chief in name, but someone else does the job in practice?

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net