Re: Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:34:26 -0400

On Monday 22 October 2007 2:18 pm, jorganos wrote:
> Basically, the wakeup situation will have half the Danubian city
> states extremely weakened compared to the pre-Ban situation, and the
> rest gone Lunar with a vengeance.

Really? When did the Ban start again? And lift? (roughly, I know it was/has been piecemeal)

> Jonatela won't be too different for
> Rathori from what went on before. Erigia still is horse territory,
> but the aldryami might fume that they lost time in which to
> retaliate, or otherwise have prepared for the Ban to drop and start
> sowing.

Did the aldryami also hibernate the Ban away?

> The Kingdom of War may absorb some Rathori, but it doesn't seem to
> expand into the forest. IMO the Rathori are the least threatened
> Fronelan people WRT the Kingdom of War, apart from corrupting those
> that fight for it.
>
> Internal politics should be the most interesting: Black Hralf the
> Weasel appears to have had united a sizeable portion of the Rathori
> and threatened the Loskalmi. Now he's gone, the Loskalmi have changed
> and are occupied with the Kingdom of War or too far away, and several
> charismatic leaders carve new dominions among the earlier awakers,
> then have later awakers join these.

Not sure where the Weasel stuff comes from.

> I'm somewhat curious how bear-like (i.e. solitary, non-gregarious)
> Rathori society will turn out, or whether the Rathori will be closer
> to Finnish forest barbarians or coastal Saami (emphasizing fishing
> and seasonal hunting, including bear hunting as a main spiritual act,
> over following the reindeer herds), with a human society taking the
> bear mainly as totem.

I'm inclined to lean to the second, but allow a strong "gone walkabout" mentality of people who leave for long periods of time to be bears in the woods.

LC