Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 20:22:48 -0000

Hi guys,

Thanks for the patience while I put this together. Before we get to the main course though, the speeches:

  1. This post contains the homeland and magic keywords for the Rathori. I'll use this with the guys on Monday night to generate characters. That will help me finish preparing the scenario material as I will have an idea of what they want to do.
  2. You do not need to have the homeland and magic keyword. We could just have written Rathori on the character sheet, or Silent Stalker for the magic keyword and figured out what it meant in play. Preparing the keywords is just useful for us to get upfront agreement, especially in a fantasy world like Glorantha where there are less familiar benchmarks.
  3. Although I'm sharing this with you, I wouldn't normally be publishing it just to play so its important to point out this is MY take on the Rathori and what MY group will be using for play. It may not fit with some canon or GaG vision, but I don't give a damn. I only care about what happens at MY table and taking the inspiration from Glorantha. MY Glorantha varies, and that's all you need to know for a game. If you want to talk Rathori in a more general context, this won't be the thread for it.
  4. I'll give the players some idea of what is happening at the clan gathering at the Salmon Run including some key personalities. That may not get posted tonight.
  5. Again expect this to be intermittent. I'll come back with the characters and then talk about preparing for actual play.