Re: Re: Wyters and Animals

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:40:16 -0500

David Boatright wrote:

> Jeff Kyer
> ======
> >Hmmm. That would be for an agricultural clan, certainly. I'm
> >thinking that you really only have a few wyter in your life. Clan,
> >Warband (possibly), Bloodline (possibly, depdening on
> >campaign), Stead (probably not that likely), Tribe, (and of course
> >Sartar)....?
>
> Page 97 states that steads can have Wyter's. Should Households
> be able to have them if large&#92;powerful enough?
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Sure, I'd say that works for your household -- but all depends on just how much time/effort you have to devote to it. Farming is hard work. I'd say a stead would have one but it would be concerned with fire-prevention and the like. Not too sure how useful it would be in keeping out the Blackoaks.

However, in our local game, there's a Stead on the way to the Black Oaks -- Stranger's Stead. Its full of humakti (and referred to as 'speed bump stead' by the players). Its wyter is probably good for keeping rude people out long enough for the fyrd to arrive.

But a house in the village might not have one.

Jeff