Re: Re: heortling clan chiefs and tribal kings

From: pascal milhau <pascal.milhau_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:02:16 +0100

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Graham Robinson wrote:
>
> > I'm still of the opinion that this isn't really workable. Perhaps they
> > remain chief in name, but someone else does the job in practice?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Graham
>
> I think you may overestimate the workload of the tribal king. At least
> KoDP gave me the impression that there are Tribal decision so do a
> couple of times a year, and parhaps the tribal moot once a year. Most
> of the time, the King/Chief can run the things of his own clan and bask
> in the added glory of being the King of the tribe.
>
> -Adept

I agree for the period described in KoDP, in the time of human colonization of Sartar, but 300 years later, after the creation of the cities, conf�derations of tribes and fully develloped contacts with the neighbouring countries the workload of a tribal king may have increased a lot, untill the scale of a full time job. And I don't think that a clan ring would agree to see the chief out of the tula too often. Am I wrong?

Pascal