Re: heortling clan chiefs and tribal kings

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:28:51 -0000

> I agree for the period described in KoDP, in the time of human
colonization
> of Sartar, but 300 years later, after the creation of the cities,
> conféderations of tribes and fully develloped contacts with the
neighbouring
> countries the workload of a tribal king may have increased a lot,
untill the
> scale of a full time job. And I don't think that a clan ring would
agree to
> see the chief out of the tula too often. Am I wrong?
>
> Pascal

Having the backing of a clan is probably essential as a tribal king.

However, he probably has a proxy (ahem) or tanist to serve on the Clan Ring while he's away -- or he has the Tribal business come to HIM on HIS tula.

But if a tribe has lands which belong to the king (or that 150 cows war-gift that each clan gifts the king with), it probably lets him pay for extra staffing, his wargand, and the like.

Jeff