Re: Telmori in Heroquest

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:08:57 -0000

Like a lot of fiction (because it comes from that as opposed to myth) the 'silver bullet' story breaks under too much scrutiny. One quite common idea is that a werewolf has a phenomenal healing rate against non silver-sourced injuries. However, that suggests to me that overwhelming damage could kill a werewolf before they could recover, so a shot to the head would be fatal regardless.

For that reason I think you need to try and come up with something. There used to be a RQ spell Wolfshide so I'm extending that idea into the notion that the wolf's pelt is his source of immunity.

>OTOH, the idea that it's a numbered ability (albeit a high
> one) rather than a flat-out immunity seems perfectly reasonable.

Agreed, I think that's always the way to go in HQ.