Re: Rathori: Salmon Run

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:48:54 -0000

The players have put together the characters over a number of weeks of discussion. One or two need a little work, but this is the starting point for organizing what will happen in play.

But this is enough for now as it gives me an idea of what the players want the game to be about, because their hundred word descriptions tell me what their 'flags' are. We will try to center the game on what the players write about the heroes, the hundred words is the players chance to shape what the game will be about.

Aki
Aki is a Rathori shaman spirit-talker of the {Horned-Man Practice}. He is also a practitioner of {Irgar Bear-Father}. Aki is the son of {Irja Willow-Thin, the Elder Grandmother}. When he awoke from the {Long Sleep}, Aki visited {the White Bear's demesne}, where GulpŽers sent by {the enemy Gulper Shaman} skinned him, despite the booming of his Spirit DeafŽenŽing Drum. Now flesh horrifies him and he is vegetarian.
An {Elf-Friend}, Aki's wife is a rootless Vronkali. She plants where Aki's digging stick ploughs. She gave him a Poison Berry Yew Bow and the Thorn Dagger. She taught him how to hide in woodland and to speak with other Aldryami.

Rutgar FlameFeather
Rutgar FlameFeather is a Lunar Trader with dreams of creating a great trading province for the Empire. He has a foundling on the steps of the Temple to Irippi Ontor to which he devoted his life. Has built a sizable trading house by trading with lands on the edges of the empire.
He has built good contacts in the Lunar Missionary orders, this has aided him in growing the fortune of his trading house. He is always accompanied by his trusted bodyguard XXX. He only personally conducts detailed research of any province before starting trading operations

Hoski Twelvedeer
Hoski Twelvedeer is a cunning Rathori hunter of the Teasirl clan who follows Silent Stalker. After a fitful sleep through the Great Winter, Hoski has vowed to save his clan from destruction or die trying. His uncle and mentor was driven mad by the death of Rathor, and Hoski has visited Rathor's funeral pyre in the Dreamworld. A family man, he loves his wife and cubs dearly, and is fiercely loyal to the clan. He distrusts his sister Heli but holds Grandmother Irja in the highest regard. His wiry frame hides strong muscles, and he always hunts with his dog Juha.

Glendelwin
Glendelwin is a mother of two children(haven't got names yet). To the outside world she appears hard hearted but she is very protective of those she considers to be part of her family and is selfless when protecting them.
 Her husband is a bumbling hunter, well known is his idle attitude to hunting that he has to hunt alone as no one will hunt with him. (also doesn't have a name yet) Although his lack of hunting skills have not rubbed off on their two sons who are adept hunters.  Glendelwin is very knowledgeable in the field of medicine as she loves looking after people, especially those who are sick.

Isri the Fool
My husband Isri of the Teasirl is a fool. He was a successful hunter and our greatest archer. He can shoot five arrows before the first has struck. He can shoot from the air the arrows of others. But in the city, he traded last season's hides for a book! Will a book feed me, Sonja Lodge-Builder, and our child, Aki Treeclimber ? No. Against Heli's advice, I refuse to lay with Isri and have forbidden him from the lodge. He lays only with Darweth, his longbow, now.
Isri has made friends with Jari Broken-mind. Aki misses Isri's playful nature.