Re: Rathori: Salmon Run

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:30:48 -0000

So I need to set up this week's game. All I have to do is re-fill my bandolier of bangs. Ashu's player needs to get me his character sheet too, which will stop me from finishing up more bangs for him before the night.

The new bangs flow out of last week's events. It's a good idea to keep a log of what happened, something I can fall down on a bit, which makes it easy to miss things. Keeping a record of all the contests would be a good start, because they will be the source of future conflict.

The Fight With the Vitalwni:

Irsi was a coward, so perhaps there should be a bang around that:

Irsi: Sorel Black-Elk tells Isri that the elders do not want him to come to the sweat-lodge until he has taken the scalp of a Vitalwni warrior. He has shamed them by not taking part in the fight at Eu's Point and the elders worry that his cowardice will undermine the courage of the other young men.
Ashu: Sonja Lodge-Builder tells Ashu that she wants to leave Isri and marry him, because she saw his courage at the battle of Eu's Point. She is sure that Ashu will be able to prove himself worthy by taking Kost Brave-Hart's scalp and avenging his broken nose.

Healing the elf

Aki: Waves of sick elves appear asking Aki for healing. At the same time the first sick people appear. If he helps the elves, Thorn sends a messenger to Aki asking him to come to the grove to talk. Irja objects, she needs Aki here to help, and his first loyalty is to the people. If he does go though Thorn offers Aki a deal: cure the elves and the Vronkali will protect his people through the winter.

One thing to bear in mind is to avoid deferring the conflicts. Turn the volume all the way up to 11. Have the players confront the crisis. Better to have fewer, but more intense sessions, than a lot of dull ones.