Re: Re: status of hq publications

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:48:09 GMT

In message <873978.99381.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>The Second Age sounds fascinating, and I've bought a
>book or two because of that. I just object to wasting
>my money on glossy hard covers, irrelevant
>space-filling art, and having everything split into a
>rapidly increasing number of expensive books. I
>suspect that if they took the content they'd already
>got and published it in a more acceptable manner, no
>more writing would be needed.
>
>Oh, and I've bought the first system book, and not
>been too impressed with the system, so I'd want it
>more or less rules-free. I'm not sure to what extent
>their later books have done this, I haven't been
>getting them.

The rule specific parts are one of my objections. About a third to half a sourcebook is a list of spells and skills in standard RQ format. The same information in HQ format would be a couple of pages.

>Hmm, could Moon Design buy the non-rules content of
>their books and republish? Presumably not, but it
>would be nice.

When Mongoose lose interest in Glorantha quite possibly but hopefully there'll be 3rd Age versions of the interesting stuff before then. The HQ Aldryami book is being written by the same author as the Mongoose one so I'd expect it to have a lot of the same content.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/