Re: Need ideas for the end of the world!

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Frank,

     I think that you've managed the circumstances wonderfully. Especially with two new characters joining the fray, which would complicate things tremendously. From what you've written, all the players rose to the occasion. The three originals reached deep within their characters, and, inspired by their friends and companions, sacrificed their own desires and needs for the greater good. Or, perhaps a better description, replaced selfish aims with those that would enlarge them as people.

     I don't think that it sounds melodramatic and cheesy, at all. This was always meant to be a climactic, defining finale of the campaign, with great and binding consequences for two realms. That absolutely requires drama, and you all provided it. I hope that you're proud of your efforts, as playing with true emotion is a very difficult and rare place to be.

     Do post some of the details, if you choose. I'm sure that many of the original posters would be fascinated to know how you combined our suggestions into your eventual scenario. Zoria and Lord Death on a Horse had lots of particular suggestions made, and I, for one, would really love to hear how you presented them.

     Once again, congratulations on your success, and thank you for letting us all know that our efforts were appreciated.

Alison

Be a better friend, newshound, and