Re: Re: What's The Story? Under the Red Moon Challenge

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 00:51:39 +0000 (GMT)

> On 27/03/2008, Jane Williams
> <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> > Basic literacy comes as standard in the Lunar
> Empire,
> > remember.
>
> Totally unrelated to this fascinating discussion
> but... I did not know
> this! I've only been going off the keyword abilities
> to draw my
> conclusions but I did note that Imperial Citizen
> (ILH1) doesn't seem to have Read New Pelorian.
>
> Should they?

I don't know. I'm working off a Seven Mothers writeup that gives "read anything" as common magic. Seems obvious to me that it's there to bring the barbarians up to speed. And we've known for years that the Lunar Army has written orders and incomprehensible red tape, because they wouldn't be anything like as much fun without it.

I'd assume myself that any Lunar has "read NP" the same way any Sartarite has "speak Sartarite".

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/