Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:32:31 -0500

Guy Hoyle wrote:

> --- Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...> wrote:

> I'm not sure I really understand this. If you get a Movement affinity
> from an aspect and it's subcult, coiuldn't you just improvise any
> Movement-related feat that you want to, from the Aspect's Movement
> Affinity? In other words, why wouldn't a worshipper of
> Mastakos/Orlanth Adventurous be able to improvise a Lift Object with
> Winds feat (a Destor Movement feat)? It seems like this is
> potentially
> abusive, but where should you draw the line when improvising feats?

Sure. He could. But its not something that Maskakos is KNOWN for. Probably have an improv penalty of some sort. A devotee COULD learn about it, of course. But you have to remember to stay true to the spirit of the subcult.

As a Mastakos, I do the movement/teleport/UPS thing. I'm not good at raging, snarling winds. However, I COULD learn, instead of move thing with wind, 'teleport thing to my hand' (keeping in mind the +20 ( or more, though possibly not for Mastakoi) penalty for teleport magics.

Jeff