Re: Re: Heroquest rules - Equipment

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:41:58 GMT

In message <47FCD306.4090305_at_...> Brian Curley writes:

>This is the original Hero Wars method, where equipment generally
>provided an edge (increase or decrease to the AP bid in an extended
>contest). I always kind of liked this method better. But I think I'm
>being persuaded by the "new" idea of assigning equipment ability scores
>like everything else and then using them as augments (although with the
>new thinking on augments, I don't know how this would work - but I like
>anything that leads to the cessation of 'scouring the sheet for
>augments' on every roll).

I've got rather bored with fiddling with armour and weapon bonuses. So I tend to think of the ability rating as including standard equipment. Only if there is something exceptional does it get a bonus. The converse of that is that if a character ends up fighting in the nude for some reason they suffer a penalty. But that's exceptional enough to be interesting.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/