Re: clan chiefs and tribal kings

From: Peter Nordstrand <doctorpeace_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:47:24 +0100 (CET)

Pascal Milhau:
> a) May an heortling tribal king be a clan chief at
the same time?

In my Dundealos campaign, the tribal king is also clan chieftain. This has created certain problems, which have made me conclude that this was perhaps not a very good decision on my part. Being both a king and a clan chieftain are very much like having two full time jobs. In addition, there may be a conflict of interests. Ideally, the chieftains loyalty should be to his clan, and his clan only.

Yes, yes, I know; Thunder Rebels states "Most kings are chieftains in their own clan, and often remain in both positions" (p 174). (Tack f�r l�net, Jonas.)

So being a cheiftain and a tribal king at the same time might not be prohibited, but could most certainly be grounds for internal conflict. Which of course is good from a roleplaying point of view. ;-)

In my campaign this issue is not really a problem, since the entire tribe will be eradicated in a game session, or so.

/Peter Nordstrand

Do You Yahoo!?
Ditt_namn_at_... - skaffa en gratis mailadress p� http://mail.yahoo.se