Re: Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:05:07 -0500

Guy Hoyle wrote:

> --- Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:
> > No. Feats can never be learned individually like that. You know it
> or
> >
> > you don't. A few folks here think that you should be able to get
> very
> >
> > good with a specific feat but that's not the standard ruleset.
>
> There's an entry on the Character Development Chart that confuses me,
> then. It says "Learn new feat or spell", 1 point if it's related to
> the scenario or 2 points if not. This seems to imply that you can
> learn feats independently of an affinity. Am I misunderstanding this?
>
> Guy

Nope.

Initiates can NEVER EVER learn feats. They can only learn/increase affinities. I think that this matter is covered in the FAQ

Incidentally, the same listing you talk about also mentions that for you can buy a spell. Can initiates do that? Just because its listed as a cost does not mean that you can actually BUY it.

(The only exception to this is for when the feat is "stand alone" and has no affinity -- like Bartaros's Whirlwind Combat feat. No, the additional feats listed for the various subcults are not stand alone. They are additional feats that are added to an existing affnity)

Jeff