Re: Re: is there anybody out there?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:46:34 GMT

In message <560424.69933.qm_at_...> Raymond Turney writes:
>Hi,
>
>It's also possible that a lot of people tried HeroQuest and either
>did or did not like it. The ones that did like it got their
>campaigns going, resolved most of the rules issues they had, and
>now have no need to post to a rules list. The ones who did not,
>dropped HeroQuest, and also now have no need to post to the HeroQuest
>rules list.
>
>In short, the people most likely to need a HeroQuest rules list are
>people who are just starting to play or GM HeroQuest. There may
>be very few of these.

Except this isn't a HQ rules list. It is for discussion of Glorantha in relation to the HQ game system. Discussions are discouraged from getting too esoteric to avoid putting newcomers off.

Since the WorldofGlorantha group was set up most discussions have migrated there.

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that the base of
>HeroQuest players and GM's is not growing significantly.

I've no idea, nor do I think you can get much idea from discussions on the Internet.

There is also the fact that most email groups get quiet periods when the regular posters aren't sparked into responding by a query or suggestion that interests them.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/