Re: Gamers percieved issues with HQ/HW - a sample

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:59:38 -0000

> 1. Augments lead to arguments -- 5 votes I think this has been
discussed many times - should there be a cap, etc, etc

Fixed in the new edition - or at least the version I playtested at Tentacles.

> 4. I could not work out how the magic system works, and it's all way
too rules heavy for me. Too much maths.

Also fixed in the new edition, judging from the little I've seen of it.

> I wonder if a larger survey might be interesting, and if the new HQ
will address much of this?

I've also heard complaints that boil down to 'the system isn't rigidly simulationist enough for me', but I doubt there's a lot one can do about that. Similarly, some feel that the combat system just isn't detailed enough, and that it relies too much on the GM having to describe what happens without explicit guidance and/or they can never get the hang of bidding. Bidding has, I think, largely, or perhaps entirely, gone from the new edition, so that's a positive for those people, at least, but again, the rest seems to me to be part of the point of the system.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/