Re: Re:Gamers percieved issues with HQ/HW - a sample

From: CJ <chris.romer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:01:17 +0100

Actually, and I have cited you at a little more length than usual below to reinforce the point I'm agreeing with, we agree absolutely. I saw Blood Over Gold as the best chance to put HQ back on the map - and was hoping there woulkd be lot of positive reviews. For some reason sites like rpg.net don't seem to receive that many HeroQuest and evcen MRQ reviews, and really we should be bringing the game to peoples attention that way. I will review it - butunfortunately as oyu say, that needs a physical product in shops. However obviously HQ 2.0 is taking up a lot of time and money, so I'm guessing that will bring the influx to get verything swimming along merrily. :)

cj x

I think the irony is not that BoG addresses the plug and play demands (as per CJ). The irony is a combination of the facts that

1/ since the creation of HW it is the ONLY thing that addresses those demands
2 / it is only available online, so games store visitors will NEVER see it, or buyers from online hard copy games stores (like myself) will likewise never see it
3/ by the time it is in hard copy, it will still be the only thing that addresses those demands, yet it will be for a 'second edition' (HQ) of a game that is just launching it's third edition (new extra spicy HQ) because the first two editions were either broken or found to be hard to comprehend.