Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:07:33 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Guy Hoyle wrote:

> --- Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...> wrote:
> > Sure, any Adventurous devotee can improvise "Lift objects with Wind"
> > using
> > the Movement Affinity, but everyone but Destor gets hit by the
> > Improvisational Penalty. If you are a Destor devotee, you don't have
> > improvise "Find a way" and "Lift Object with winds", they are added
> > to your
> > list of feats for the Movement affinity.
>
> OK, I think I'm on the right track here. However, could an Initiate
> also improvise these feats, albeit at the improv penalty? Or are
> Initiates restricted to the feats listed in their cult affinities? I
> assume that they still take the improv penalty even for those feats.
>
> Guy

I have a question also. What (apart from Narrator fiat) stops any sort of devotee of Orlanth from improvising "Lift Object With Winds" from the Wind Affinity and then cementing it with a HP?

The diversity of magic in the separate aspects and subcults is neat, but it suffers a bit if any Devotee of Orlanth or Ernalda can basically improvice & cement any of the feats listed if she/he want's it, and furthermore anything at all that falls under the Affinities?

        -Adept : feeling like he's missed something