Re: Gamers percieved issues with HQ/HW - a sample

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:55:25 -0700

Jeff

>I hope my baby will be at least somewhat relevant. =(

Should be. The upcoming edition of HeroQuest makes some significant changes, but it should be broadly backward-compatible. And none of the copious examples of play have accidentally rewritten That Day.

Since someone else asked about compatibility: I'm sure you can continue to run the same characters, but you might not want to. I know ours were optimized around the HQ1 rules, where you needed a large number of abilities in order to get augments. The new rules encourage a small number of more colorful abilities.

But published material was never full of 2-sided character sheets (as several of ours ended up). I think pretty much all scenario material will continue to be useful (you might have to ignore the "with augments" rating but that shouldn't be hard).

--

David Dunham