Re: Heroquest 2.0 and adventuring

From: Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:06:58 +0100

In answer to all your questions: no. Or, rather, not quite.

As an example, I'm currently working on the district descriptions of New Pavis. I could, if I wanted to, c&p some of the fine descriptions from P&BR but I've actually found it easier to rewrite the material. Where I have used c&p I've invariably reworked it. If you look at Pavis in its original state, the city is quite sparely described; good in some ways but bad in others. Here's an opportunity to flesh-out a lot of stuff and capitalise on opportunities missed. The final book will be the recognisable Pavis that everyone knows and loves, but it certainly won't be great swathes of pasted original text with a few new sentences or cults chucked in for good measure. This is a ground-up building job.

As to lists of powers, encounters etc... a very different approach here. Lots of scenario seeds, vignettes and ideas for scenarios - but a distinct lack of Encounter Tables and treasure charts.

But you should come to Continuum David, (gratuitous plug!) where we'll be discussing Pavis in depth...

--
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel
And the next its rolling over me...

Rush - 'Far Cry'